Re: [DML] Re: Fuel Metering

On Dec 22, 2007 6:05 PM, content22207 <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  This whole newsgroup is dedicated to living the turn of the decade.
>  Some mid to late 80's BTTF, but the vehicle we all know & love is
>  1970's engineering at it "finest."
>
>  Let me jump straight to the point: The point is options. Some people
>  prefer EFI. Some people prefer carburetion (NASCAR, for example --
>  every single car racing around a track today burns a carb.

Every single car in Nascar may run a carburetor but there are several
sanctioned racing series that do use fuel injection. ASA comes to
mind. Even "redneck" monster trucks are fuel injected.

> Carburetion is good enough for NASCAR, it's good enough for me).

Not that it is good enough for them. It is that Nascar doesn't like
change. They already have a hard enough time on carburetor tech
inspections. Fuel injection would allow teams more room to cheat until
officials could catch up.

>  If you prefer mechanical injection, great: your PRV is
>  already so equipped -- drive happy. If you prefer EFI, great: modify
>  your PRV accordingly and drive happy. If you prefer carburetion,
>  great: chuck one on your PRV and drive happy.

>  I still drive the same automobile I drove in high
>  school (1981 AMC). My 1985 F-150 just turned 215,000 on the odometer.
>  Oldest vehicle in my stable is a 1977 Lincoln -- same year model as
>  the school bus I'm donating to my church.
>
>  Of course all of the above are carbureted -- coincidence?

Yes, it is a coincidence. We have in our fleet a 1994 GMC pick up with
185,000 miles, a 1996 Ford F-150 with 240,000 miles and a 2001 Chevy
van with 167,000 miles. All fuel injected.

I don't think the fuel metering device has a whole lot to do with
vehicle longevity.

Matthew

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional