[DML] Re: Lambda system

I would have never considered putting Marvel Mystery Oil in my car
if a mechanic I admired had not suggested I try it. This was many
years ago. In those days I used it to assist in the "break-in" of a
performance engine I had just finished building. Its use in my fuel
system was later supported by a chemist friend of mine who explained
one of the compounds (a solvent of sorts)in the oil that cleans.

I have used it successfully for many years. My primary use is to put
it in the fuel system. For continuous use I use about 50% suggested
concentration. In addition to maintaining a clean fuel system, I
have found that the intake valves are free of carbon build up too.

I have suggested its use to several DeLorean owners who were suspect
of problems with their fuel systems - with some successes. Obviously
it can't cure problems related to system adjustments or
malfunctions. It is strictly to help clean and maintain a clean fuel
system. It also acts a bit of a fuel stabilizer for longer periods
of nonuse. For example, I have never had fuel system problems with
my snow blower, lawn tractor, etc. in which I also keep a dose of
Marvel Mystery Oil.

I'm not a salesman for them - I just think it is a very useful
product.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tell you if you ask." <racuti1@...>
wrote:

> Harold,
>
> I usually regard products such as these as "Mystery Snake Oil"
> guaranteed to boost mileage, cure cancer and regrow hair.
>
> However, I do have an open mind. Are you pouring it directly into
the
> tank? What is the benefit to add MMO to the fuel system? You
didn't
> say. Is this still safe or does it still provide a benefit if the
> fuel is 10 or 15% ethanol blend?
>
> Rich A.
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft@>
> wrote:
> >
> > We all know that not driving a car can be damaging to fuel
systems -

> > probably the biggest problem with most DeLoreans.
> >
> > The only time I had a problem with the DeLorean fuel system was
> when
> > I screwed with it. Once that started - I had to work at getting
it
> > back into specs. Once I achieved that, it worked great.
> >
> > Even experienced mechanics have little true experience with K-
> > Jetronic systems. Experienced ones know how reliable they can be
> > when set-up properly. Follow the manual and get it set up
correctly
> > and you can move on to the other issues.
> >
> > BTW - how many are using Marvel Mystery oil in the fuel system?
You
> > should try it!
> >
> > Harold McElraft - 3354
> >

> > --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Soma576@ wrote:
> > >

> > > 1000 RPM is too high at idle when warmed up.? Something isn't
> > working right.? Seriously, all you have to do is read the Fuel
and

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: