[DML] Re: startup video

Because it's crap, and it is easier and simpler to use an older
inferior system...

Seriously, the point here is options. Since the system is on the
engine anyway, why not experiment to see what it does and if it pleases?

Note also that Volvo recommended using the brass screws *WITH* CIS. An
owner can't do that effectively if he or she doesn't understand the
manual circuit to begin with.

Knowledge is a good thing.

I object to reasoning that DeLoreans must remain as they left
Dunmurry, or that modifying the vehicle leads to imminent problems.
That's nonsense. A well informed owner can make knowledgeable
decisions about what to change and what to leave intact. A well
informed owner is also better equipped to deal with vehicular
emergencies as they arise, irrespective of whether those emergencies
are on original or modified systems.

I have indeed backdated many systems on my own DeLorean, but I did not
do so in ignorance. I understood quite well what I was discarding. My
own mechanical and operational philosophies -- and yes, my particular
skills set -- are best matched to the vehicle now parked in my
driveway. Bliss.

I recommend every owner do the same: match his or her vehicle to his
or her philosophies and skills set. For some, that manifests itself in
UPDATING original systems (EFI for example). For others, it yields
vastly improved creature comforts in the cockpit. Serious tinkerers
such and Rick Gendreau and Rich Weissensel take modification of
original systems to extreme lengths (how come they never twist your
knickers as I appear wont to do?). Dave Stragand went to just as much
trouble to put original systems back in place.

Never forget: in the end, it's only a car.

But our friendship will endure.

BTW: You wouldn't happen to have a spare 8 Track that will fit my dash
opening, would you?

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@...> wrote:
>
> The point is that the DeLorean DOES use CIS, and it's simple, reliable
> and effective... so why keep telling everyone how crap it is and how
> much easier and simpler it is to use an older, inferior system?
>
> Martin

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: