[DML] Where are the 397 missing first production Deloreans ??

[DML] Where are the 397 missing first production Deloreans ??

While reading my digital copy of SSI,I came across a puzzling
question...

Question...In July of 1981 the enthusiastic workers posed for a picture
of the 1000th Delorean made (see pic on page 84 of SSI)which has a vin
of 1897-A-(automatic) so doing simple math that means that Vin 897 is
the First car(at least to be shipped) and 397 cars are unaccounted
for,we know that they were made,but according to Assembly line records
vin 1897 and NOT vin 1500 IS the 1000th car made..either the FIRST 397
cars starting with vin 500 were NOT taken into the VIN count as actual
production cars(sell-able cars)or Vins were skipped EARLY in the
production(which I would NOT think so)So just WHERE were these 397 cars
skipped over to get vin 1897 to become the 1000th car.That is a awful
lot of cars or vins to skip over into early production.

Claude

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: