[DML] Re: Lotus engineering was WANTED: Angle Drive

[DML] Re: Lotus engineering was WANTED: Angle Drive

Hate to say this but according to SSI,he (JZD)was more interested in
the glitzy items,than the actual mechanics of the new car.ie: the
gullwing doors and their workings,the Finish on the SS,the layout of
the interior,the overall looks of the car,Even the simple things like
the graphics of the instrument panel were his cup of tea..of course
he had the final say on everything but in the time era of getting the
factory setup and the car engineered,and the selling of the
dealerships,and the funding for the company and the promotions and
the "other  enterprises" and everything else those goes with starting
up a Huge start-up company,he just plain did not have the time to sit
down and check the engineering..he was totally dependent on Lotus
doing it right and having his team of people assigned for that
purpose, be the watchdog over Lotus,which in turn reported up the
chain of command,which in turn reported to JZD on the progress.That
is just how big business works!
What really amazes me is that a Frame/shell/and SS panels could even
be engineered in that short of a span,and fit together so nicely, and
had he used a SS frame as intended he would have had a TRUE 20+ year
lifespan car.

Claude

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Soma576@... wrote:

> Let us not forget that JZD was, himself, an engineer.  I am sure
he  was busy
> selling the car, but I find it hard to believe he had absolutely
no  hand in,
> or at the least, knowledge of what Lotus was proposing.  It was
JZD's car
> with his own name on it!  Surely JZD was convinced the design was
acceptable.

> Andy

[moderator snip]

<*> Your email settings: