[DML] RE: GPS and other electrical accessories.

[DML] RE: GPS and other electrical accessories.

My suggestion for additional electronics is to purchase a cigarette lighter
like connector (come in ones, twos, threes, fours, etc.)  and wire it
directly to the power in side of  one of the circuit breakers.  The whole
metal platform should provide the ground (earth or return).  Place the
connector in-between the driver and the passenger at the back of the
console.  No need to make holes or do a major disassembly.  The multiple
versions typically have internal circuit breakers or fuses, if not put one
in the line from the circuit breaker.  This will provide a place for
recharging your cell phone, blue tooth, and other not full time portables.
This is practical for two reasons.  First, it won't damage the cigarette
lighter socket...and secondly, it will reduce the load on the wiring and
perhaps number of fuse replacements.

Incidentally, I've found that a good map is more reliable than GPS.  I can't
tell you how many stories I've about people who have found themselves at the
far, dead end of a one way road, locked gate, or whatever.  By the way, I
participated in the design and fabrication of the first GPS receiver ever.

Al Roberts
twodelo2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
#4639/#16049

<*> Your email settings: