Re: [DML] Re: "Lifetime Ban" is not being "Asked to leave".

Re: [DML] Re: "Lifetime Ban" is not being "Asked to leave".

(Moderator's Note:  Yep...I'm letting this one through to close out the thread.  If you are interested in knowing more about this subject, or arguing it's points further, I recommend contacting the people directly involved.  -Josh)

All right, I've had enough of the falsehoods. The truth - the facts of
this matter - are very straightforward:

1. Many people - myself included - posted long, drawn out political
and religious discussions.
2. Many people became upset at these discussions, and many people left
the forum over them.
3. Some who remained wanted such discussions banned from the forum.
Others didn't. A vote was held. The results were in favor of
disallowing said discussions and banning anyone who refused to
cooperate.
4. Marc refused to cooperate and was given a temporary ban.
5. Marc refused to cooperate after his temporary ban was lifted and
was given a permanent ban.

Proof of these events is in the DMCForum archives. Any forum member
can read through said archives and view the results of the vote in the
polls section.

Nobody conspired against Marc. The DMCForum did not become moderated
because of Marc, it became moderated because it's members voted to do
so - whether they were inspired by Marc's posts to vote in favor of
moderation, well, you'd have to ask them. CBL's annoying behavior did
not cause the forum to become moderated, it only caused new users to
require pre-approval before joining. The DMCForum was not "stolen"
from Walt; Walt no longer had time for it and voluntarily handed it
over. Walt has an open invitation to take it back; should he so much
as say the word, ownership will be immediately returned to him.

You can't dispute these truths because they're all in writing, in the
forum archives. Anyone who believes Marc's lies need only check these
archives to uncover the truth.

I trust this post will be the end of this discussion. I highly doubt
anyone here really cares, anyway.

-Ryan

On Nov 28, 2007 11:39 AM, David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I will not get into what happened between the other list and Mark. I
>  just wanted to mention that as I remember it Mark was not the reason
>  that other list became moderated. CBL was the reason. As much as some
>  may want to blame Mark for things this one was not his.
>  David Teitelbaum
>  vin 10757

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional