[DML] Re: WANTED: Angle Drive

Not saying it can't be done (and I'm sure some techno-head will do it
now!) but as a practical matter it's a different story. It's easy to
theorize, hard to do.

The problem, at least as a vendor, is doing it for a retail sale price
of less than $1-200 including the speedometer head modification or
drive motor, in a fashion such that the average owner can install it
themselves. Anyone designing and building their own stuff doesn't have
this restriction. There isn't a large world market for and $800 fix to
a $60 problem.

Most modern cars don't have the speedo pickup hanging on the front
suspension, rather it's in somewhere a lot more environmentally
friendly such as in the differential or transmission.

Dave S

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "welmoedj" <joe.dalton@...> wrote:

> Suggestion?....
> HAL sensor on the wheel, connected to an electronic
> speedometer/odometer in the dash is a simple solution. Most modern
> cars use an alike system.
> However.... the practical and working version may well be years away.
>
> Welmoed.
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Peter Lucas <lucas@> wrote:
> >
> > Sigh.   It really is time for somebody to come up with a practical
> > electric setup...
> > --Pete Lucas
> >    VIN #06703

<*> Your email settings: