[DML] SpecialT Parts (Re: Bolt On Performance.)
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[DML] SpecialT Parts (Re: Bolt On Performance.)



Ok I realize that my post took some people the wrong way and others 
agreed off list but would never post it themselves. I get it. 
Everyone has their own opinions and they are entitled to them, just 
like I am. Most people here might not know where my hostility began 
with John because it was started on the other popular dmc forum. 

John constantly posted and hijacked one of our threads for our 
products stating that our product was not the fix for the fans and 
that we were using parts that he deems do not exist. So of course I 
had to come out and defend it. In the end it was revealed that the 
stock fans we tested don't even come close to the ampage John 
constantly stated (30 amps). So John kept posting that our product 
wasn't a solution to the problem which after testing, doesn't really 
exist like he says it does. He used our own product thread to 
advertise his own product. 

So that is why my responses lately have been they way they are. All 
I ask is to not just take one man's opinion and think it is correct. 
Make sure when you are taking advice that it is accurate advice. 

Peter Kuchan


--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@...> 
wrote:
>
> The only time I ever thought John might re-use a part was when he
> issued the all call for used spark plug wires several years ago. I
> assumed he was going to re-use the PRV specific boots over a
> cut-to-length wireset (in lieu of the angle and 90 boots that come
> with it). But when my MSD set arrived the boots showed absolutely 
no
> sign of previous use (because of my previous assumption I examined
> them very closely). I now think he's sourced a supply of new boots.
> There's no way he could have gotten 600 plus boots with an all 
call.
> And would Bougicord boots fit over those fat MSD wires anyway? 
John's
> boots fit the plug wells perfectly, BTW.
> 
> John's money back guarantee is probably just one of his costs of 
doing
> business. It does indicate his confidence in the product.
> 
> For newer owners some explanation of where John fits into the 
scheme
> of things might be beneficial. He spends hours & hours cross
> referencing parts, from sources other than unassembled Dunmurry
> inventory, that will fit our cars. That's why you won't find very
> factory specific items such as interior and exterior panels on his
> sight (most vendors that sell such items ultimately draw from DMC
> Houston's supply). He also is buddy/buddy with a local alternator
> facility that seems to be several steps above most. Obviously John
> isn't hand building each D140 in his garage. The items that John 
does
> make, such as plug wires and fuel lines, are very well assembled 
and
> his retail prices are more reasonable than the time & energy of 
making
> them yourself in your own garage.
> 
> John catches a lot of heat because he's at the opposite end of the
> spectrum from DMC Houston (DMCH is the closest thing to Dunmurry 
now).
> I think its a scream that the two of them are only located 200 
miles
> apart. Reminds me of the close proximity of Richmond & Washington
> during the War of Northern Aggression (er, Civil War). 
> 
> Can John meet all your DeLorean needs? Of course not. Is he a 
viable
> alternative for off the shelf parts? Absolutely. Does he 
occasionnaly
> miss the mark? Yes. Can the List be a valuable resource to identify
> when that happens. Yes again.
> 
> Bill Robertson
> #5939
> 
> >--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "turbodelorean" <dmcfan@> wrote:
> >
> > [MODERATOR NOTE:  This is on the edge of incivility.  Any 
responses
> that I deem to be even slightly harsher will be rejected.  - Mike
> Substelny, DML moderator of the week]
> > 
> > --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Hervey" <john@> wrote:
> > >
> > > David,
> > > Don't your read the previous email that I sent that over 100 +
> > people that
> > > have bought my wires, coils and plugs have had improved results
> > with the
> > > products. Why would I want to spend the money to prove the 
point
> > to you or
> > > anyone else that these customers have already experienced.
> > > If you want to be the doubting Thomas and you must see hard
> > evidence then
> > > why don't you buy the kit and spend the money to prove it. I 
told
> > Mike the
> > > same thing.
> > > John Hervey
> > 
> > Over 5 million people have bought PS3's
> > Over 9 million people have bought Nintendo Wii's
> > Over 10 million people plan to buy a Honda........blah blah blah
> > 
> > I love the marketing you have, "Just buy it"
> > 
> > By the way you keep saying that if you don't like it, just return
> > it. So how many products have you sold to owners that you claim 
to
> > be "new" and selling for full price when they are actually used? 
How
> > can you guarantee that you are not selling a coil, wire set or
> > anything else that someone returned to someone else as new. Don't
> > say you have never had a return on any of your products because 
that
> > is obviously false. I'm melting, melting!
> > 
> > Peter Kuchan
> >
>




To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:dmcnews-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 
    mailto:dmcnews-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    dmcnews-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN


Copyright 2006 ProjectVixen.com.  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive