[DML] Re: Confused?? Not at all.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[DML] Re: Confused?? Not at all.



"My car runs better right after I wash it too.." (Message 72422)

Seems like a definitive statement to me. The word "psychological"
didn't appear anywhere in your post. If it was implied, I missed it.

I should have said your argument was "fallacious," not "flawed" --
apologies.

My wires are black, BTW. Pretty indistinguishable from Bougicord
except for the larger diameter. Coil is black too, but it's hidden
behind a plastic cover, so appearance doesn't matter. I'm interested
in performance anyway, not looks.

"I run an aftermarket "high power" coil in 1860, I
think it is the MSD brand. I bought it because the
chrome looks cool..." (Message #72422)

Sorry -- couldn't resist.

It indeed is great to be back. #5939 lay fallow during my extended
unemployment. There was no time for it during my recent
overemployment. Now I'm unemployed again. Lots of time but no money.
Oh well.

Bill Robertson
#5939

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@...> wrote:
>
> Flawed?  No, you missed the point.  There is someone
> else in the DeLorean community who says logic is
> "flawed" when he does not understand.  If something I
> say is unclear, Please ask for clarification instead
> of saying I am "flawed".  Your heart attack comparison
> is, well, not anything like what I said.
> 
> After you wash your car, there is a psychological
> effect that may make you think your car is running
> better.  Clearly, there is no measurable difference in
> performance between a dirty car and a clean car.  
> 
> My point is, if you spend a bunch of money and put a
> nice new shiny coil and pretty blue wires on your
> DeLorean, there may be a psychological effect that
> makes you claim the car is running better...  Which is
> why I later point out you need an impartial machine to
> measure the performance improvement.
> 
> 
> It is great to have you back Bill.  :)
> 




To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:dmcnews-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 
    mailto:dmcnews-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    dmcnews-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN


Copyright 2006 ProjectVixen.com.  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive