[DML] Back on the road (maybe) after 6 or 7 years!

[DML] Back on the road (maybe) after 6 or 7 years!

Hello all!

Well, thanks to John at S/A my D is getting its brakes fixed and fresh
oil. Apparently a rear brake hose became clogged and the two front
calipers were stuck. A set of old used calipers I had appear to be
working and were swapped on. A used ebay master cylinder apparently
isn't needed even though the one on the car was gunked up it seems to
be holding its seals. Is there supposed to be a strainer under the
housing that holds the fluid level sender float? If so, I lost mine in
the trash! I get it back Monday. They are going to wirebrush off and
treat some surface rust on the front frame near the steering rack.
Doesn't look serious. (I wish.)

Battery still good, it starts and idles pretty well and gets off under
its own power after a 3 minute warm up. A bit anemic before then. I
drove it one block using the handbrake to stop. Oh, it's an automatic,
gray interior '82 with 25k original. I'm the 2nd owner and bought it
from a guy in St. Louis in 1984 with 18k miles. Speedometer still
working after all these years!

What should I worry about?

Fred Lockett

<*> Your email settings: