[DML] Re: Coil in Fuel Line to Prevent Collapse?

[DML] Re: Coil in Fuel Line to Prevent Collapse?

Sometimes my words aren't as clear as I intend, so let me restate my
position to minimize any confusion:

I think John's tank pickup is genius in its simplicity. Even if an
owner intends to eat one of those big cans of tuna fish, he or she
should buy one of John's kits anyway (you're going to need a new pump,
boot, screen, etc no matter what's under them).

My current setup differs markedly in idividual components, but I still
follow John's design. Being carbureted, I can't run a high PSI pump.
My low PSI pump isn't submersible (it's also a different diameter from
the Bosch pump). Therefore, a gasoline tight (capped) aluminum pipe
sits in my boot. The cap is drilled and tapped for 1/8 NPT plumbing.
On the tank side is John's pickup screen, sticking straight down per
his design. Towards the outside world, my pump nestles dryly inside
the pipe. There is of course no return line, so a bolt plugs that port
in the boot. A customized installation to meet my particular fuel
delivery needs, but still recognizably Hervey.

I bought one of his kits while I was still K-Jetronic, BTW.

The next time you watch an owner struggle to get a stock pickup back
into his or her tank, consider upgrading.

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Hervey" <john@...> wrote:
>
> Bill,
> All baffles are replaced no charge that break loose or have any
problems. So
> far on 2 or 3 years I have replaced one. That's ( 1 ) as in a
single. 100's
> sold. Any problems have been fixed a long time ago with the customer and
> suggested ways of improvements I have logged. So far I haven't found the
> right tuna can but I'm going to talk to Chicken of the tank any day.
> That's better odds than the new Headlight switch that has just come
out.
> Thanks for your support.:-))
> John Hervey
> www.specialtauto.com