[DML] Headlight Switches

October 5, 2007

NOTICE REGARDING HEADLIGHT SWITCH WITH AUTO-OFF FEATURE

We have received a small number of reports from individuals who have
installed the switch with the auto-off functionality ? meaning that
they connected the orange wire from the black plug to the white wire
of the ignition switch ? and later reported that the switching from
high beams to low beams would trigger the auto-off, resulting in an
unexpected shut off of the headlights.

Though we did not experience this fault during the pre-release
testing of the switch, and have just today been able to replicate it
here on one of our test vehicles, we are exhaustively searching for
the root cause of this.

In the interim, we are advising all customers who have installed the
switch to immediately disconnect the orange "auto-off" wire, which
will disable the auto-off functionality, but will still allow the
switch to function normally (push once for parking lights, again for
headlights, and a third time for off).

If you have not yet installed the switch, we are also recommending
that if you do install the switch that you leave the orange wire
disconnected. When we have isolated the issue and developed a fix, we
will send another advisory.

Further updates will also be posted online at:

http://www.delorean.com/switchupdates.html

I apologize for the inconvenience, and assure you that we are working
diligently to identify and resolve the root cause of these failures.

Sincerely,

Stephen Wynne
President

<*> Your email settings: