[DML] Re: AC clutch running continuously

[DML] Re: AC clutch running continuously

The A/C system in the Delorean was not designed for the use of -134.
It can work but you will run higher pressures, hotter tempertures, and
a loss of capacity. R-12 is NOT outlawed. It can no longer be
manufactured or used in newer vehicles. It CAN be recycled and used in
vehicles that were origionally designed for it's use. It is supposed
to be handled only by licensed people but it is NOT illegal. I also
agree that there are better alternatives but more because of
economics. R-414B is a drop-in replacement that is cheaper and more
environmentally friendly but R-12 is still the "best" as long as it is
still available. To switch to -134 the hoses, every seal, the
accumulator, and all of the oil must be replaced. A big, expensive job.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

-- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "welmoedj" <joe.dalton@...> wrote:

> I have to disagree with your suggestion not to use 134a.
> If the system is okay and holds its pressure 134a is no problem.
> Yes, the connections and lines are not developed for 134a, but when
> these are checked/perhaps replaced when needed and with the proper
> type of filling (after vacuming) it will provide you with a reliable
> cooling system.
> Furthermore - and I am not an environmentalist - it's better for the

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)