[DML] UPDATE TO DUMB QUESTION OF THE DAY

[DML] UPDATE TO DUMB QUESTION OF THE DAY

Many thanks to all who replied to my question about
the wiring in the engine compartment.  Special thanks
to Martin who led me to discover that you can buy 4
and 6 gauge wire that is very flexible.  Also, thanks
to Bill R. who caused me to delve further into the
wiring, leading to several other melted wires.

For those that are interested, my research led me to
the following:  The triple 10 gauge wires "can" be
replaced by a single 4 or 6 gauge wire.  6 Gauge can
carry between 50-100 amps and 4 gauge can carry
between 100-150 amps.  Since the alternator can
provide up to 80 amps charging, either will work, but,
just to provide a margin of safety, I used 4 gauge.  I
also changed the color from brown to red so any future
owner would know this is major current carrying
conductor, as per todays automotive standards.

For the Delorean purist, this would be a big hit at a
concurs event, but for me, it makes the whole setup,
neater, cleaner, and just as safe.

Mike   TPS    1630

http://autos.yahoo.com/index.html

<*> Your email settings: