[DML] DMCHelp, DMCH marketing emails, and DMA FFT

--- James <james@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I wrote:

> > The trend of getting official information only
> from
> > the dmchelp site is disturbing.
>
> Why?

Because it is yet another forum to keep track of.
Clearly there is a marketing advantage for you guys to
have us all using the vendor sponsored forum (and no,
I do not believe there to be anything sinister going
on here.. Just a marketing gimmick) However, there was
this guy, you may know him, who started the DML many
years ago.  I believe it has become the primary "home
on the Internet" for DeLorean owners. Tamir has a
successful web based forum for those that prefer that
format.  I have an account over there, and post from
time to time, but generally only read threads that
people forward to me because they think I will find it
interesting.  I have gone weeks without checking in
over there, and know that I am missing some good
information because of it.

Why do we need yet another forum?  What topics are
being discussed on DMCHelp that could not be discussed
here? (Your big chance to get more people over there!
LOL!) As I see it, that forum just gives DMCH a better
ability to control content by banning users, and
deleting threads..  Something that everyone knows, I
do not approve of.

You (James) are an official spokesperson for DMCH, and
clearly you participate on this list.  Why not just
post the information here?

> Just because DMC knows your email and opt-in
> decision doesn't mean
> that the list service allow DMC to send you mail -
> actually, with the
> CAN-SPAM act, I understand that for them to do so
> would actually be
> illegal. They're just covering themselves.

Fair Enough..  I am not familiar with the SPAM act, so
I will take your word for it.

> See you at the Fall Tour.

Yes.  I even changed a flight reservation to make this
FFT.

Will you have the Stage III car with you?

Thanks for the plug!  :)

http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/events/FallTour2007/falltour2007.htm

> James

http://tv.yahoo.com/