[DML] Re: New DeLorean or "Real" One

While I was at the tech session in Chicago recently I stopped at a
gas station and was asked if my yellow D was a new one!  There must
be a perception of them coming in colors now also.

On another note, I had my first ride in a Corvette while I was at the
tech session.  Amazing... tons of power, solid car, stuck to the
road, quite, etc.... but when we stopped at a gas station to get gas
the one thing I really noticed.... nobody paid any attention to us!

Ron

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "d_rex_2002" <rich@...> wrote:

> Well, this was certainly a new question for the list.
>
> While driving in the Chicago area today in my DeLorean,
> I heard the regular question "where's flux capacitor?"
> and the more recent statement "you know they are making
> those cars again in Texas", but here's a new one.
>
> A guy in his early 20's asked, "Hey, is that a real one
> or is it one of those cars they are building in Texas?"
>
> It was like a flash-back to something I heard this July.
>
> In a July 4th parade this summer, I was driving side by
> side with another DeLorean owner, with my BTTF prop car
> being towed by a Toyota pickup when I heard "Hey, look
> a couple of DeLoreans" and then, pointing to the BTTF
> prop car on my trailer "Hey, there's a real one".
> First time I heard that one too.
>
> I guess it all depends upon what you think is "real".
>
> Later,
> Rich W.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional