Re: [DML] Results of Sylvania Silver Star light replacement

Re: [DML] Results of Sylvania Silver Star light replacement

Umm... Bill, they are NOT street legal in Europe. There might be some
company somewhere that makes them conform to EU standards, but the lights
you can buy in the US are very illegal here. You will not be arrested for
that but you certainly might get a ticket... if the officer pulling you over
realizes what lights you have not only you will get a ticket but you will be
sent to have the car inspected. And there is absolutely no chance your car
will pass with sealed beam headlights.
To tell if the light is legal in EU look at the lens and look for a circle
with Ex, where x is a number between 1 and 18 (might be more than 18 now).
If you don't see that, the headlight cannot be used in EU and it is NOT
street legal.
I have never seen a sealed beam unit with the E1 on it.

Tom Niemczewski
vin 6149 (in Poland!)
Google earth: 52°25'17.30"N 21° 1'58.00"E
dmctom@xxxxxxxxx
www.deloreana.com