Re: [DML] Can headlights be upgraded?

***Moderator's Note: Please accept Robert's invitation to contact him OFFLIST to discuss perceptions of DeLorean ettiquette***

BWA HA HA HA!

Oh that gave me a good laugh! Aside from owning Big Lots, Sol Shenk
also owned Consolodated International. Which owned KAPAC, which sold
their inventory of parts to DMCH, which we all buy now, and have been
over all these years.

So yeah, I guess you could say we've all been shopping at Big Lots
for DeLorean parts all this time! HA!

Sylvania makes some decent lights. Yeah, after a quarter century,
those OEMs look horrible. Either go with the Silver Stars, or get
come Cool Blues. I don't think they make the Cool Blue bulbs any
longer, but I believe John Hervey has some for sale. CBs are my
personal choice, and I believe that the highbeams are about 10 watts
brighter. A must for desert driving.

Now then, Wal Mart sells the same lights that Auto Zone and lots of
other people do. I buy damn-near all my consumable products at Wal
Mart for ALL my cars (filters for the D excluded). And when you're
buy 7 quarts of oil at a time at todays prices, you bet it makes a
difference. Even washer fluid is like a buck cheaper there a bottle.
So what's the big deal? Honestly on-list or off-list, please contact
me and tell me why?

I doubt that JZD, nor anyone else is spinning in their grave. And
that is kinda offensive to just casualy throw out there.

And please, don't look down on anyone because of where they shop.
We've got plenty of elietism to go around, and don't need any more.
But if anyone wants, I'll be the lightning rod here. Aside from
shopping at Wal Mart, on occasion I've even worked on the DeLorean in
the Auto Zone parking lot, I speed too much, I sometimes eat in my
car and sometimes make a mess (pretty sure there's some french fries
under my seats still), I hang obnoxios air-fresheners from the rear-
view mirror, and I even blast Hip-Hop on occasion while driving the
DeLorean.

Nope, no one is rolling in their graves over me and what I do. If it
angers some people, then that's their problem. But if someone has
something to say about what I do, let alone where I shop, then bring
it on. Come on after me, because believe me, I can take it and I'll
do whatever I can to stop this picking on people crap however I can.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@...> wrote:

> Perhaps Sol Shenk's Big/Odd Lots would be better?
>
> If Wally World is only the final retailer, what difference does it
> make? My Fram air filters are the same Fram air filters, made in the
> same Fram air filter factory, no matter where I buy them.
>
> John Hervey's 6 pack oil filter deal is hard to beat retail,
however.

> I do agree that Wally World since Sam's death has a major ewh factor
> (*HE'S* the one spinning in his Made In USA grave). Yet we all
> continue to shop there....
>
> Bill Robertson
>
> >--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, PAUL LEGUTKI <legutki@> wrote:
> >
> > Ewh!!! Wal-mart??  You shoudn't shop for things for a
> > 'D" at Wal-Mart. JZD is probably spinning in his
> > grave. I found a set of replacement lamps at AutoZone
> > that look like they would answer your needs, IF there
> > is an AutoZone out there-a-bouts. ChicagoPaul

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)