From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
daviddlasvegas
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 10:32 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] How does the Alternator light work???

My curiosity has been peaked with all this electrical system trouble
I've been having. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me exactly how the
alternator tell tale light works.

Here's what I'm thinking: There is a positive wire from the battery
that goes to the light. The negative wire from the light goes to the
alternator. When you turn the key on, the alternator is not making its
own power yet, so the juice goes thru the light and is grounded at the
alternator. Thus the curcuit is complete and the light illuminates.
Once the alternator is on and making power, it can't act as a negative
and the circuit is undone and the light goes off. When the ignition is
turned on at first it takes a few seconds for the alternator to start
making power, so the light illuminates for a few seconds (while the
manual says this is a bulb check it's really just electricity working
the way it is suppose to).

So how close am I???

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews

<*> Your email settings: