[DML] Re: LED Tail Lights

In the upcoming issue of Delorean Car Show Magazine, there will be an
article concerning various LED bulbs for tail lights, front turn
signals, and side marker lights

included are before/after current draw (amperage) and luminosity
measurement data

BTW with the Delorean, 1157-style (dual filament) are used on the
front, 1156-style (single filament) on the rear

Cliff
3441 (DCS 2004 "Best Exhaust")
3307 (revived from the dead)
6147 (EFI conversion)
4523 (Johnny's-X)
Pilot-21 (co-owned with Ken K.)

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 02:35:29 -0000, you wrote:

>I'm thinking about getting some LED tail lights. There are two number
>type that I'm trying to understand and maybe someone can help me.
>There are 1156 bulbs and 1157 bulbs used in the fronts and back. As
>best as I can tell, the 1156 are single filament bulbs and the 1157
>are double filament bulbs (incadescent). I'm not sure what the
>difference is in use in the Delorean. I think the 1157 is used up
>front for the turn signals. I think only 1156 are used only in the
>rear but I don't understand why the 1157 isn't used for the rear turn
>signal. Does someone know the differences?
>
>Anyway I'm working on getting LED lights. I'm assuming the rears will
>take ten 1156 LED bulbs for the rear and two 1157 LED lights for the
>front. I looked at the rear lights tonight and four of the bulbs are
>in a concave shaped area in the lens cover. I don't know what it
>looks like inside but I assume it has a reflective surface. Based on
>that, I think the best bulbs will be those that have LEDs on the side
>and top.
>
>has anyone replaced their tail lights with LED bulbs and if you did
>what kinds did you get and where did you get them?
>
>I heard that the LED 1157s have problems in some cars because they
>will blink faster than normal turn signal lights. If true how is this
>fixed?
>
>Shannon
>VIN 16113

<*> Your email settings: