Re: [DML] Stage 3 Engine!

Comparing the DeLorean engine with a 2458cc Renault turbo engine, and
ignoring the even/oddfire and EFI differences, the internals are
identical apart from the pistons & rings, and the cam profiles... (oh,
and sodium filled exhaust valves but general opinion states this was
unneccessary)

...that's it.

Together with its owner, I've already converted an Island twin engine to
a Renault turbo. Although progress on power specs etc are slow thanks to
his motivation, he's been driving it every day for the past month or so
and the "ass dyno" after dialling in a bit more advance and fuel under
boost shows a -lot- of promise. "Seriously fast" are words I'd use. I'm
about to start on another Renault turbo conversion, this time a single,
for a customer. I have three of these engines currently on my shelves.

Standard engine construction on the later cross bolted blocks, except
the pistons themselves, are good for 400hp. Getting the air into the
engine to achieve that is another matter. And as someone who has
recently had the pleasure of a drive in a Venturi Atlantique 300, there
is no way that sort of power and torque should go in a DeLorean...!

Martin
www.delorean.co.uk

DMCPROTO1@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Marc,
>
> I am not making a legend copy.
>
> I just may make a twin turbo D one day for myself that is not anything
> new,
> the legend engine with forged pistons, rings, stronger head bolts... I
> won't
> copy any of the old tech, it would be all new tech, I would just be
> keeping a
> PRV for originality.
>
> Tony

[Long, irrelevant quote trimmed by moderator]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)