From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
David Teitelbaum
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 10:05 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Sight glass coolant tank

I don't mean to "chastize" anyone. I only point out that there are
alternatives. The stock cap does work and of course there can be no
leaks. Heck, you can't have any leaks even with a sight glass! Next
time the motor is hot, try removing the cap to "just check the level"!
Even with the overflow/recovery bottle it is still advisable to remove
the cap (only when cold) to make sure the header bottle is full. I do
it once a wek when I check the oil and the tires.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@...> wrote:

> Remember to advise that a mod like this requires a recovery style
> radiator cap. The stock cap or equivalent won't work.
>
> And a recovery system of course will not work if it has even the
> slightest of leaks.
>
> Since you chastised me for ease of access (Message #71461 -- not the
> *ONLY* reason I converted BTW), can I ask: what is so difficult about
> simply opening the expansion tank and peeking inside to ensure that
> coolant is visible?
>
> Bill Robertson
>
> >--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@> wrote:
> >
> > Instead of a sight glass I have an overflow/recovery bottle. I keep
> > the header tank full and the hose under the pressure cap goes to the
> > bottom of the recovery bottle. Now I can see and add anti-freeze even
> > with a hot, running motor! No sight glass under pressure, no chance
> > for leaks.
> > David Teitelbaum
> > vin 10757

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews