Re: [DML] Problem when filling the gas tank

Re: [DML] Problem when filling the gas tank

Paul,

When I fill up, I always set it on the slowest-pumping setting.? I think the orientation of the filler opening confuses the pump.? If it is set to fill the tank as slow as possible, I rarely have problems.? Just don't put more in after it shuts off!

Andy

I'm not sure others experience this or not, but when I fill my gas
tank, the pump keeps shutting off.  The handle frequently clicks off
as if it sensed that my tank is full.  When it does click, gas
splashes back out of the filler opening, so I need to hold a rag
around it when filling.  It gets very annoying, as I continuously have
to keep re-squeezing the handle to start pumping again, several times
during a fill-up. Is there an issue where the handle does not seal
properly in order to correctly sense when I am full?  How do others in
the group handle this?  I keep trying to reposition the nozzle, trying
to make a good seal.  It has happened at more than one gas station as
well, so I'm not sure if it's dependent on the nozzle type.

Thanks,

Paul

I'm not sure others experience this or not, but when I fill my gas
tank, the pump keeps shutting off.  The handle frequently clicks off
as if it sensed that my tank is full.  When it does click, gas
splashes back out of the filler opening, so I need to hold a rag
around it when filling.  It gets very annoying, as I continuously have
to keep re-squeezing the handle to start pumping again, several times
during a fill-up. Is there an issue where the handle does not seal
properly in order to correctly sense when I am full?  How do others in
the group handle this?  I keep trying to reposition the nozzle, trying
to make a good seal.  It has happened at more than one gas station as
well, so I'm not sure if it's dependent on the nozzle type.

Thanks,

Paul

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional