Re: [DML] white smoke - cracked head?

Hello again, thanks to everyone for their reply earlier.  I'll try to
keep this as short as I can.  I've been trying to find some time to
check a few things, got out there tonight.  Oil looks fine, so does
the filler cap.  No white foam in either.  Maybe I'm just running
rich then?  I ran it for a few minutes, looks like a little fuel
coming out the exhaust (!).  So, I've read up on mechanical fuel
injection, and have tried to determine why it might be so rich.  The
fuse is OK for the lambda ECU, o2 sensor is hooked up.  I
disconnected the cold start injector to see if that helped, nope.  I
read a clogged Warm up regulator might cause various fuel problems,
so I took off the lines, everything looked OK, the screen wasn't
clogged, I couldn't seem to blow air through it backwards though.
Can I take this apart without wrecking it?  I'm going to try the test
outlined in the dmcnews.com tech section.
My brother has been reading up on the problem too, came over tonight,
pointed to right in front of the fuel distributor and asked "isn't
that where the air/fuel mixture screw should be?"  So, it might be
missing, or I might not know where it is at.  I don't know enough
about these cars to say for sure (yet, I'm learning).  I added some
photos to the group, also linked here:
http://homepages.ius.edu/steven/p1010039.jpg
http://homepages.ius.edu/steven/p1010040.jpg
is this where the screw is suppose to be or in front of the air
intake?
Thanks again
Steven Clark

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@...>
wrote:

> Do check the dipstick but also pull the oil fill. There is a yellow
> plastic screen inside (at least there is supposed to be one!). If it
> is not just oily but has droplets of water or a film of milky white
> then you have confirmed a popped head gasket at least.
> David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Daryl Scott <daryl_scott32@> wrote:
> >
> > Pull the oil dipstick and look at it. Is it milky? If so, could be
> gas and/or water. Water would lead towards the cracked head. Most
> likely, you have a ton of gas in the engine from cranking it an
> flooding via the cold start injector. Change the oil and filter and

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)