[DML] Re: New Delorean production....

Claude,
      Your statements on the ZR-1 are not entirely factual.  Yes, the
ZR-1 debuted in the 1990 model year with 375HP, but that was raised
to 405HP in the 1993MY due to tweaking by the GM engineers.  True,
Lotus primarily DESIGNED the 4-cam engine, but it wasn't built by
them.  The engines were actually built by Mercury Marine.  Later on,
GM took this project in-house and what came out of it was
the "Northstar" series of engines.  According to some well-known and
published sources, this was always a GM project from the start, so in
no way did GM leave "Lotus to start from scratch" for their Esprit V-
8.
    Thanks for calling attention to the "King of the Hill" though.
It truly is an amazing vehicle.

Matt Olans
1983 DeLorean DMC-12  VIN 16816
1991 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1  VIN 1335

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cbl1739" <cbl302@...> wrote:
> As for the Lotus V8 look closely at a ZR1 Corvette,IT HAS Lotus's
> engine in it...Period...ZR-1 known fondly inside GM as the "King of
> the Hill", roared to life in 1990 with an all-new 375 horsepower LT5
> engine under its hood. Designed by Lotus, the LT5's dual overhead
> cam, 32-valve design made Corvette the talk of the automotive world.
> (which Lotus would have been had it used that engine,instead of GM
> Grabbing it for their car)This was the engine that was to be used in
> the upcome v8 Lotus,but since GM owned Lotus Engineering at the
> time,they "borrowed it"for the Corvette,leaving Lotus to start from
> scratch "again" for their upcoming V8 Esprit.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)