[DML] Re: digital door modules

I have revised my old - original - module and after that added Toby's
Wings-A-Loft actuators replacing the original door solenoids.
If you are familiar with a soldering iron and electronic part, you
may want do it yourself. Cheaper and not so time consuming.
Upgrading the module is about half an hours work and installing the W-
A-L actuators take about the same time when the door panels are
removed.
Actually nothing to it, except carefully reading the instructions of
the W-A-L.

Being inventive in avoiding extra time and actions I did not
disconnect the car's battery while installing W-A-L but inserted the
relays after having connected all parts and cables. Worked like a
charm.

Welmoed.
VIN #2572

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "JSJB100" <jsjb100@...> wrote:

> Has anyone put one of the delorean.com (DMC texas) digital door
modules
> in their car.  I have sent them an email about it, can't find much
info
> on their web site, although it was in an emailed news letter they
sent.
> If anyone has put one in, how is it installed, what are the
advantages,
> etc. I don't have any trouble currently with my original unit
(never
> was upgraded).
>
> Also, they offer remote entry modules. Anyone put these in? How
hard to
> do it, how long did it take, do they work?
>
> Thanks group
>
> Joe B
> OUTTATYM
> 2957