[DML] Re: Cross Drilled Rotors?

My car still has original brakes/lines etc. and still is very good
while breaking - no soft feelings, short stop track. Actually like a
modern car (even my Pontiac TransSport 96 has not such a good
breaking system, takes longer to stop and needs more pedal pressure).
One of the former employees - Neil Barclay - of DMC Dunmurry factory
rode with me and confessed afterwards that IHO my brakes worked
better than he expected from what he heard and experienced.

Nevertheless I consider using ventilated front rotors (needs
a "spacer" for the calipers). Cross drilling adds to cooler rotors
and helps preventing warping. Ideally rotors sould be cross drilled
and ventilated.

Over here (Netherlands) there are several D's having either one or
the other. Ed Uding of DMC Europe has knowledge on how to do it.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "delorean_3" <delorean3@...> wrote:

> Group,
>
> I am thinking about replacing my rotors and was wondering if any
body
> on the list has had experience with cross drilled rotors?  I
noticed
> John has some for sale on his site (see
> http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/brakes-
rotors.html)...I'm
> always looking to improve my car, wether that's decreasing the
weight
> or electrical load, or making it cooler.  The cross drilled rotors
are
> 250 degrees cooler and I'm wondering if I should try them.  Are
these
> ok to use for a regular driver (versus a performance car that is
meant
> for racing, etc)?  Are they an adequate fit for our cars?  I don't
> particularly speed around in my D, but I am interested to know from
> others if they like them so please share any thoughts.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jack
> VIN2728

<*> Your email settings: