[DML] Re: Stanchions

Oliver - I totally agree with your reply.  The only dent (touch wood)
that Winged1 has ever suffered while out there in the wild was as a
result of a steel stanchion tipping over after a herd of young children
scampered by.  We were inside a very upscale shopping mall for a car
show at the time.  The shopping mall wanted the cars "protected" from
the crowds during the show, and insisted on using these stanchions.
Luckily, we were having a tech session soon after, and a guy trained in
stainless steel work was going to be there to show off his technique.
He "demonstrated" his work on my car.

During car shows we have a very subtle woven rope that we clip between
the door striker pins to block the door openings. This seems to provide
just enough of a hint that the car is not a park bench.  In general,
people at car shows are very good.  However, there are always a handful
of knuckleheads to contend with.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DMC Northwest
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Oliver Holler <thehauntfactory@...>
wrote:

> 'Movie ropes', or stanchion posts look neat around the car, (real
rich) but there can be issues too.  If you've ever stood in line with
chains, you know what kids like to do.  Swing or sit on them.  I've
even seen adults lean on velvet ropes to reach the car, causing posts
to teeter and fall.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: