[DML] Re: A society question...

Nope,None of what you mentioned,I owned two well above average
Deloreans in the 1980's,and I was none of what you mentioned,I was
just your above average blue collar worker(Jet Engine machinist)and I
went to cruises/car shows,no country clubs or golfing,and I had been
to some techs(whatever I could find)no VP spots at work,just parking
in th "boonies" so that the car would be away from any danger.No jet
set life,other than using the company jet for personal travel a few
times,and full time company paid schooling.And a very nice yearly
wage.
cbl

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tell you if you ask." <racuti1@...>
wrote:

> I've only owned mine for going on 5 years so it's hard to say, but
> the other thing to consider is that a new generation of owners has
> custody of the cars now.
>
> In the past, wealthier, older men owned them and they were probably
> business types who didn't go to "shows" and "cruise-ins" and "tech
> sessions". They went to the country club, and parked in the VP spot
> at work.
>
> There are a few original owners left who might speak up to this and
> correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> Rich A.
>
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Wilson Hitchings" <canon20dfan@>
> wrote:
> >
> > After being aghast at comments concering disrespectful
bystanders,
> I'm
> > curious. May of you Delorean owners have had your cars for a
decade
> or
> > more. Was the bystander problem (sitting on the car, opening the
> doors)
> > always as bad? Or has it gotten worse? I've personally noticed
> > misbehaving children, with no real parental supervision, getting
> worse
> > of the 20+ years I've been married, so I'm wondering if it's
worse
> now
> > than it was 20 years ago when the BTTF movie came out (and did
the
> BTTF
> > movie make it worse)...

<*> Your email settings: