Re: [DML] Re: 3M VHB Tape on Rear-View Mirror?

Re: [DML] Re: 3M VHB Tape on Rear-View Mirror?

If they source them from the UK/Europe, then they work absolutely fine.
you MUST MUST MUST clean the surfaces thoroughly first, removing all
remnants of the old adhesive pad. Denatured alcohol (meths to us across
the pond) is ideal.

You don't have to believe me, ask Marc, the most cynical person on the
list (*wink*) who I helped reaffix #1860's in Memphis and it's still
there AFAIK :-D I bought a load of them from Halfords before my trip and
gave the rest to John Hervey at the time.

Remember they are MEANT to fall off if you knock them - better that than
break the glass. Rear view mirror pads are available in just about every
petrol station here in the UK for pence.

Martin

Tom Tait wrote:

> Harold:
>
> Been there. Its quite a task. You can't use the adhesive or you will
> bust your windshield, and the standard mounting tapes from the vendors
> are too weak for the job.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: