[DML] Re: Just curious - parade participation

[DML] Re: Just curious - parade participation

Oh boy do people touch it, lick it, rub it!  Well, at least they
touch it.  It's like a moth to a flame.  They get that glazed look in
their eyes and they just HAVE GOT to touch the stainless steel.  The
first show I did 6 years ago I had so many hand prints on the car
that I spent the entire day wiping them off.  Very frustrating.  So,
since then I invested in some stantions and chains, as well as a tent
to keep it out of the sun and the bird droppings off.  I also bring 2
or more people to answer questions and of course to help out with any
other bikes or cars I show.  At my most recent show I actually had a
guy with a cigarette in hand duck the chain and get in the car.  I
was amazed that someone was so rude, not to mention the fact my
interior is perfect and I'm not a big fan of cigarette smelling seats
or burn in my interior.  But, that's how people are sometimes.  Oh,
and I can't count how many times you hear, "Where's the flux
capacitor?", and how the person is surprised that you finish their
sentence before they do.  They all think they're so original.  But,
it's all in the name of fun and like I said before.  I love to see
that smile on their face when they first lay eyes on it and I'll
never tire of them saying, "I've never seen one in real life before!"
Shane Clarke

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Wilson Hitchings" <canon20dfan@...>
wrote:

> I don't understand - do you mean people touch the car or actually
get
> in it? SURELY they wouldn't sit in it or lift the hood without
asking,
> right???
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rick Heile" <rick.heile@> wrote:
> >
> > Regarding parades they went looking for me. One day someone
followed
> > me home and asked if I would attend. After that, I guess I am on
some
> > list. Car shows are a bit mixed. My first show was put togeather
by
> > Jason trying to get a few more Ds to show up at the exotic car
show
> > held every year. Others I mostly attend if they are close or
because
> > of the types of cars that are there. Be prepared to never leave
your
> > car at a show since you will have people all over your car for
the
> > whole time.
> >
> > Rick
> > 3290