[DML] Re: Front window causes hot Delorean interior?

[DML] Re: Front window causes hot Delorean interior?

The DeLorean glass has no UV blockers or tinting that I'm aware of.
So the sun can do its work on the inside of the car. A dash mat can
block or minimize the dash heat from the sun - I was surprised how
much. Secondly, a light high-quality UV blocking tint can make all
the difference in the amount of heat coming through the door glass -
it doesn't have to be the dark stuff to get a BIG benefit.

As far as the MAX vs. NORM setting - some owners over the years have
replaced the vacuum heater valve with what they thought was the
correct valve. It looks the same, etc. but, the function is in
reverse.

On MAX the heater valve is suppose to be closed - on NORM it is
suppose to be open. The wrong ones did the reverse. This may explain
why, even though outside air was coming in, the AC air was feeling
cooler. Wrong valve installed possibly.

Harold McElraft - 3354

> Need a vacation? Get great deals
> to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.