[DML] Re: The dreaded question, NO FLAMES PLEASE...

[DML] Re: The dreaded question, NO FLAMES PLEASE...

Both respondants answered my question, especially the statement
that "a few will remember a (fill in the blank), everyone will
remember a Delorean". That's what I'm looking for, folks, a piece of
history, a memorable car, something special. I already look just like
someone else - I'm an identical twin - so I don't want a car just
like everyone else. Now all I have left to do is get a bit of spousal
approval...just buying her a replacement wedding ring with more
diamonds than I could afford 22 years ago is helping...

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mike Substelny <drivestainless@...>
wrote:

> I think there is no question that, in a side-by-side
> head turning competition, a DeLorean will crush an
> SL-500.
>
> When I bought my DeLorean I just wanted a fun sports
> car. I had an open mind and was willing to look at
> anything.  Here are two quick stories about why I
> selected the DeLorean:
>
> My soon-to-be father in law was a Mercedes collector.
> He judged Mercedes concours and accompanied me on
> several trips to look at various sport scars,
> including a couple of SL-500s.  But when he saw a
> DeLorean his eyes popped out of his head.  "Wow!" he
> said, "Can you believe the classic lines on that car!
> What a gorgeous body!  Mike, if you don't buy it I
> will!"
>
> My brother-in-law loved sports cars, he drove a
> Porsche and Austin-Healey.  I asked him the
> consequences of choosing a DeLorean vs a Corvette.  He
> said, "Mike, if you show up somewhere in a Corvette
> maybe a few people will remember you.  But if you show
> up in a DeLorean, everyone will remember you forever."
>
> Both of them were right.
>
> If you buy a DeLorean from Houston, then I presume you
> intend to use it a lot.  That decision will change
> your life.  You will draw a crowd at gas stations.
> Strangers will give you thumbs up a traffic lights.
> Passersby will spontaneously cheer or ask "What's a
> gigawatt?"
>
> The SL-500 is a wonderful car, but it can't do this.
>    If you do choose to get a DeLorean, all I ask is
> that you use your new powers for good and not evil.
>
> - Mike Substelny
>   VIN 1280
>

> [snip]
> > So (NO FLAMES PLEASE) to all the