[DML] Re: Pre-Purchase Inspection

I'm a (very) new owner, but what I would recommend is if you find a
DeLorean you like, if you live near one of the DMC service centers,
ask the owner if you can take it there for a thorough inspection. If
they're genuinely intersted in selling the vehicle, this should not be
a problem.

If you don't live near one of the service centers, I would suggest
trying to find someone near your area who is knowledgeable with the
cars, and ask them to come with you to examine the vehicle.

DMC Houston has a lengthy pre-purchase check list on their website
that walks through a series of things to examine on the car, I would
suggest checking that out, if you haven't already.

Mike Lund
1049

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "gbsdelorean" <gbsdelorean@...> wrote:

> Dear DeLorean owners
> I have been looking for a DeLorean for a while, and I am not a
> mechanic.  I have learned a lot reading your posts but I have not found
> a discussion as to how to size up a car mechanically, and believe the
> only reasonable way is to have a regional repair facility do a through
> exam.  My question is, what are the main points to have the facility
> look at?  How extensive should the exam be, and how much should it
> cost?
> I realize I will be the one responsible for the exam and it probably
> would be a very good idea to compensate the DeLorean owner for the time
> and hassle of the inspection, but this is the only way I would consider
> purchasing a great DeLorean.
> Your thoughts on the subject?
>
> GBS DeLorean

<*> Your email settings: