Re: [DML] Windshield Cracked...?!@#$%

Terry,

Sorry to hear about your windshield.  I was in the same boat recently,
and had my windshield replaced at DMC Midwest.  The one I received is
delaminating in two places.

Apparently most or even all NOS windshields exhibit some amount of
delamination.  I personally did not expect this prior to my purchase,
given the content of DML posts 65911 from James at DMC Texas and 68039
from Dave at DMC Midwest.  However, subsequent off-list conversations
with DMC personnel seem to indicate that this apparently is the case
after all.

What is delamination?  In my case, it's two air bubbles in the black
area at the bottom of my windshield.  The smaller is 2.75 by 0.75
inches, and the larger is 4 by 0.75 inches.  Even if they don't worsen
over time, to me they're still pretty noticeable.

Does it bother me?  Yes, very much so, particularly because I expected
the inventory at that shop to be free of such defects.  Would it bother
someone else if they received a windshield like mine?  Maybe not.  Some
owners stress over a single fingerprint on their hood, while some drive
cars with dented stainless and don't think much of it.  Neither owner is
right or wrong, of course, but if you think you fit more into the former
category than the latter, maybe air bubbles in your windshield would
matter to you.

I'll be interested to hear what you end up doing (repair, NOS
replacement, or new from a place like Uroglas), and what you think of
the results.  Who knows when I'll take another rock kicked up by a
passing truck and need another windshield of my own...

Good luck,

Todd Masinelli
VIN 6681

cupsdmc wrote:
 > it looks like I can get a NOS windshield from
 > Delorean Midwest. Is this the route I should go?
 > I've heard of delamination problems with NOS
 > windshields. What is delamination on a windshield
 > anyway. Anyone else have this problem?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: