[DML] Re: BAFFLING ELECTRICAL QUESTION

Hi,

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mike clemens <rmclemns@...> wrote:

> Here's my question, if you look closely at the male
> pins on the intermittent wiper module, you will note
> that there are only 4 pins present, not 5.  I have
> three different modules and all are missing the pin
> that should connect to the brown/light green (NLG)
> wire.  Coming out of the module, via the female
> connector, all 5 wires are utilized.

I'm not 100% sure, but looking over the electrical diagram I THINK
this 5th wire has some significance in the "Wash and Wipe" function,
but only when the box is NOT in between the plugs.

With the box in between I think the "brain" inside puts power on both the
wipermotor and the pump, so only needs ONE signal from the stalk coming in.
But when the box fails you can just unplug both ends of the box and plug
them into each other. I know this works, but can't remember how this affects
all functions. I'd guess that pussing for washing then also activates wiping
as long as you push the stalk or something like that, whil with the box in place
the wiper gives a couple of sweeps after you've let go of the stalk...

Had I still had a DeLorean I'd go out and test it myself...

Good luck on you "quest".

JAN
former owner of #05141
now driving a Toyota Aygo...