[DML] Florida Delorean Show Update

With about four months until "D" Day I thought it was time for an
update...

While I've not been posting publicly in recent weeks about further
plans for the show, there HAS been significant progress made towards
the upcoming show in Ft Lauderdale.  I now have a firm date locked in
(2-4 November 2007), a first-class venue for the Saturday show that
I'm about 90% sure we're going to be able to get, pending expected
City approval, an outdoor Friday evening "drive-in" style screening
of BTTF with celebrity guests in attendance done in conjunction with
The Fort Fauderdale International Film Festival, a pre-screening
cocktails, dinner, and mingle with the celebrities on Friday evening,
a unique classic car museum setting with a JZD connection for the
awards dinner on Saturday evening, a driving tour/road ralley on
Sunday morning, and, if there is enough interest, possibly an
optional tech day and/or car inspection session after the tour/ralley
on Sunday afternoon at a local service facility with lifts and lots
of work space that has offered to host us.

Regarding accomodations for out of town guests, I've narrowed it down
to two possible official hotels for us on Ft Lauderdale Beach (NOT
the one originally mentioned, these are much nicer, and still VERY
affordable...) and expect to make the final pick between them very
soon.

As I've mentioned before, I am sure that we have enough people in the
Florida Delorean community who are willing and able to display at the
show, and to volunteer to help run it, that we can have an event to
be proud of.  Anyone who has already contacted me about helping out
is already on my list, anyone else who has not yet contacted me and
would like to help, please do drop me a line now at
whocruiser@xxxxxxx so I can add you to the list.  Don't be shy, we'd
love to hear from you :-)

If there's one thing I've learned above all else from my friend and
mentor Ken Koncelik about how to run a car show, it's that we need to
welcome and to be there for everyone.  Ken has offered me lots of
wise and experienced advice at every step of the way, and in the
spirit of DCS, there is plenty of room at this show for both
individual and club participation - this is an "open" show where all
are welcome, and we have already had interest expressed by both the
Delorean Club of Florida and the Florida chapter of the Delorean
Owners' Association, and we welcome any and all other clubs and
organizations to also step up and participate.  And you don't just
have to be a Florida club either - I'd love to see a group from SEDOC
drive down from Georgia-Alabama-Carolinas, and for anyone from
further afield, you are of course welcome to come down, with or
without your cars, to join us here in Ft Lauderdale for some great
Delorean fun in the Florida sun, and perhaps some extra beachside
time to relax before or after the actual show (both of our "finalist"
hotels are located by the famous Ft Lauderdale Beach Strip, just
steps away from the ocean.)  I hope to get the show venue 100%
confirmed soon, and then will start to crank up the publicity effort.

See y'all here in November -

Dan Harris - VIN # 1662 - FL Tag # MY 81DMC

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)