Re: [DML] biofuel for Delorean?

Been a reading of the DML for a long time but this is my first post.
A diesel conversion would be intresting, I dont know why but a few
days ago I was think about this topic. the quickest engine swap would
 be the GM 5.7, 4.3, or the 6.2 diesel. Your other option would be to
run a industrial Kubota, Isuzu or other work engines. But I dont think
that the 5-speed would have the correct gear ratios to take full
advantage of the powerband of a diesel engine.  What is the weight
of the PRV V6?

Joe

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@...> wrote:

> Bio Diesel??  You would need to pull the engine and
> install a Diesel..  Turbo it if you want any
> performance.
>
> The extra weight behind the rear wheels would make the
> car handle like crap.
>

> --- R Holden <royceholden@...> wrote:
>
> > We have an alot of biofuel places here in Asheville,
> > NC.  I was curious to know if anyone has any info on
> > it.
> >
> > I don't know the first thing about if it's even
> > possible to have some type of hybrid, but would be
> > fun
> > to ask you guys.
> >
> > Royce
> >
> > Royce Holden
> > -----

> > 8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
> > with the Yahoo! Search movie showtime shortcut.
> > http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/#news

> http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional