[DML] Re: Broken torsion bar

Using the passenger side on the driver's side and vice-versa is
impossible. They are twisted the opposite ways. That is probably why
one has a square end and one has a hex end. So they can't be switched
even by accident. It may be possible to spline the broken ends and use
a coupling to connect the pieces. That way you would not compromise
the heat treat. You would be overstessing the remaining parts and that
may be too much, I don't know.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

    mailto:dmcnews-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx