From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
dadoc2791
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 9:34 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Oscillation on braking

When I first got my D (3+ years ago), I unkowingly topped off the
fluids with DOT 3 (brake and clutch).  I've never had problems with
either, although I know of the discussions here about DOT 4 and DOT
5 and am considering bleeding and refilling with the DOT 5.
Recently, I've noticed a definate back and forth oscillation of the
steering wheel when I brake from higher speed (like coming off the
freeway).  The front tires are almost new and I've had them re-
balanced just a couple of weeks ago because of a vibration I'm
noticing between 68 and 80 mph (to no avail).  Visual inspection of
the brakes show slight (and I mean slight) wear on the rotors and
pads with lots of meat on them, yet.  Braking is positive and smooth
without chatter, squeek, grind or other "wear notice" types of sound
but I'm noticing this oscillation.
Could this be the result of fluid problems and corrected by bleeding
and refilling the system with the proper grade of fluid or is it a
sign of something more problematic (like a warped rotor or pad/rotor
wear that's uneven)?
Any suggestion welcome.

Thanx in advance,

Craig Werner