From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Sean
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 5:18 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] Broken torsion bar question, answer?

John, That message #21876 was back in Dec 2001. I think now, 6 years
later the need for some spare bars is more important than ever.
Assuming you could still get in contact with that vendor, I don't see
why the same number of owners who put up money for a new headlight
switch wouldn't be willing to do the same for a spare torsion bar
(assuming the bar actually gets made) I'd be willing to pay $500 or so
for a spare for my car as well as one for the car I'm restoring for a
family friend.

Did the vendor ever respond with a price breakdown?

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Hervey" <john@...> wrote:

> Marc, It wasn't so much the machine but the technology. I talked to
SPS or
> SPC Technology 4 years ago about making the bars and no one in the
DML group
> wanted to put up any money to do so. I was going to put up the bulk
of it,
> but I wanted concerned Delorean owners to help share into the
process. I had
> maybe 2 takers. There was one man left working there that was there
> originally and he may be gone by now. As far as I am concerned we
missed our
> chance with them. Look in the history and you will find where I made the
> post.
> John Hervey
> www.specialtauto.com
> www.deloreanautoparts.com