From: daviddlasvegas <daviddlasvegas@xxxxxxxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 1:45:09 PM
Subject: [DML] My DMC is a financial hole - what should I do at this point
Hi all. Just got finished with my last DMC fiasco and wanted some
advice...

I bought a 1981 with 12,000 miles on it for $14,000 (I know now that
the millages is obviously wrong) from the cars second owner. The car
was advertised as "excellent condition" etc. I took it for a test
drive and bought it.

Well, to make a long story short within 2 months I had to pay Delorean
One Motors of Los Angeles, CA almost $20,000 for repairs. The car was
a chop job and all the major systems and components had to be
replaced. I've just spent another $3,000 in repairs for more things
that popped up and now I have a fuel system issue. I haven't even
begun to refurb the interior (I want to replace the seats and carpet).

I don't see the car as a financial investment; I just love and enjoy
owning and driving it. I'm just sick of every day a new problem
popping up and don't know when to call it quits as far as putting
money in it.
__

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional