[DML] Re: Black Delorean

I disagree. One of the members of the DMA has a car that was painted
black with gold lines. It was striking. Unfortunatly he didn't like
the quality of the paint job so he removed it. I thought it was nicely
done. The factory had plans for painted Deloreans in the future. I saw
a test panel in the wharehouse in Ohio and the factory offered a
procedure to the dealers to paint the S/S panels. Since painted
Deloreans are rather rare if I had one my first impression would be to
leave it painted. Of course a painted Delorean may not be worth quite
as much as an unpainted one.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Soma576@... wrote:

> Ron,
>
> While your car is definitely an exception, most of the painted D's
don't
> look that great.
> Everyone is stainless gung-ho because, as you know, the stainless
finish is
> one of the things that makes the car so unique.  Many owners feel
that a
> painted D completely misses the point of the DeLorean in the first
place, no
> offense to your own remarkable car. I also feel that since it is so
unique, that
> if half of the D's built were painted and the other half were
unpainted, most
> people would rather have a stainless finish (why? cuz it's just so
cool!!!)

> take care,
> andy
>

> In a message dated 6/23/2007 6:58:07 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
> gullwing-magazine@... writes:
>
> And here  is another observation I have made that I might regret
> bringing up, but...  why is it when everyone is so "stainless" gun ho,
> does the painted  DeLorean take the "Peoples Choice Award".  Please
dont
> flame me on  that comment... I own one of each and love them both...
its
> just an  observation.
>
> Ron
>

> Fargo, ND