[DML] Re: Small world (was Our Tulsa Belvedere

[DML] Re: Small world (was Our Tulsa Belvedere

I had two guys walk into the shop today for a visit - turned out they
were from Norway on a vacation to the US (for one's bachelor party!).

They had made a tour of the US starting in Detroit to see the Ford
museum, then to Indianapolis for the Good-guys Hot Rod meet, then to
Bowling Green to the Corvette factory/museum, then to Tulsa for the
Plymouth event. Then they discovered that there was a DeLorean Motor
Company shoop on the way back to the airport so they stopped in here
(and bought a bunch of DeLorean parts!).

Sounded like the perfect car-guy vacation, and I found it
particularly interesting that they apparently timed the whole deal
around the Tulsa event.....

And while they were here one of them was on the phone with Stian
Birkland (shows up here from time to time) - must be a small DMC
community in Norway.

---The other Dave and Julee - still fascinated with DMC connections
around the world.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Stragand" <dave.stragand@...>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> My wife Juley and I attended took hundreds of pictures of the
event - we
> were fortunate enough to have press passes which got us into great
spots
> for photos.  We run "The Forward Look Network", which is a huge
site for
> 1955-1961 MoPars.  Many of our members have been planning to attend
this
> event for over 25 years!  We had folks come in from every state in
the
> US, as well as Canada, Britain, New Zealand, Sweden, Norway, The
> Netherlands, France, Germany, South Africa and more.  It was one
heck of
> an event, regardless of the unfortunate final condition of the car.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)