Re: [DML] Re: Delorean Turbo

Hi Robert,
  No corrosion issues because the water is only on when there is pressure. Everything is dry by the time you turn the engine off. I've had it on the car for about 25,000mi without any problems that could be even remotely associated to the water. I just use regular water out of the tap. A water fill usually lasts 2 or 3 tanks of gas. It's only on when the turbos' are generating pressure. I'm not one to use them all that much unless I'm going over the mountains. For passing they aren't on that long. I'd say that 95% of the time it's running as a normally aspirated PRV, maybe even 98%. It's not my daily driver but I put about 4K a year on it. Last year not as much.

  Chris
  06301

therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Well, you were right. I hadn't seen that kind of configuration before.
Having higher boost pressures trigger the spray, and having the nozzle
spray water after the turbo would indeed make a difference.

Personally, I'm still kinda wary of water injection. I know that GM
tried it for a while with their turbo Oldsmobiles (engine was later
sold off to Rover and became the Rover V8), but they discontinued it's
use.

So what have your experiences been with water injection in the
long-term? Has there been any corrosion issues? How long does the tank
of water usually last you for? No being combative, just genuinely
interested.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Chris Shepherd <chrisau79@...> wrote:

> Nonsense! You obvoiusly haven't taken a look at my setup. Here's a link;
>
> http://www.dmcnews.com/faq/img/news/news22.pdf
>

> therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas@...> wrote:
> Well.... Water injection isn't without it's own problems.
You've got
> to make certain that it's an ultra fine mist that gets sprayed inside.
[moderator snip]

Chris
06301
Find me on Google Earth