[DML] Re: Nasty smell still.

Let me take a stab at that smell problem.  I had a similar problem and
it was also caused by mice.  In my case, it wasn't mice urine, but
mice decomposing after death.  I had put out some mice/rat poison near
the car during the winter storage.  Obviously they ate some of it, but
I could never really determine where the smell was coming from.

Finally I opened the little door in the front of the luggage
compartment where the tools are stored and found all sorts of clues
that the mice had been in there.  I attached a long hose to the shop
vac and stuck it in that hole and worked it around so that it even
turned the corner on the passenger side and went into the front
pontoon.  You can't imagine the stuff I got out of there.  (In fact,
you don't want to imagine that stuff!)

After the clean out, I sprayed the inside of that area as best I could
with Fabreze.  That was a year ago and the smell is gone and has not
returned.

Hope this might help if you still haven't found where the mice made
their nest.

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867

-- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cupsdmc" <cupsdmc@...> wrote:
The guy that I bought it from had mice in it from storage.  That is
what the smell is (mice urine).

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: