[DML] Re: Seeking sell suggestions

When I sold my second DeLorean I advertised it through Collector Car
Trader Online and the DMC News website. The only thing I got from the
Collector Car Trader site was tire kickers and dreamers. I got no
serious interest out of my car at all until I slashed the price by
25%, then everyone and their brother was knocking my door down and
waving cash at me. And I was only asking $20k originally for my car
(ended up just unloading it for $15k)... a car that had documented
well over $20k in receipts alone. All I can say is good luck trying to
sell your car at that price. I don't think anybody is going to pay
that kind of a premium for a second hand refurb car. They can spend a
few grand more and get the "new car" experience for themselves. People
who are looking in that particular price bracket for a DeLorean are
not the typical DeLorean buyer. If you knocked an additional $10k off
the price you STILL might have a tough time. Take a look at the DMC
News Buy and Sell section and look at how long the cars that are
priced above $26k or so have been on there. DeLorean's aren't easy
sells let me tell you! You'd probably do better to hold on to the car
a little longer and knock of some more negative equity (if that is
even an option for you).

Louie Golden
Charlotte, NC
Sometimes DeLorean Owner... again soon maybe?

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Christopher W. North"
<chris.north@...> wrote:

> Hello gang.  I've owned my fully refurbished DeLorean from DMC Texas
> now for a year and a half and am toying with the idea of selling
> her.  Before I take action however, I'd like to see if you have any
> recommendations/suggestions as to how to go about approaching the
> market with this unique vehicle.  A few options come to mind: 1)
> eBay; 2) consignment through DMC Texas; 3) advertising through local
> auto shows; etc.
>
> I'm going to be asking the payoff amount for my loan which right now
> stands at about $39k (purchase price was $49,793).  She's loaded with
> every upgrade offered by DMC Texas save the GPS system.
>
> Anyhow, if you have any suggestions you'd care to share I'd very much
> appreciate them.  I'll be driving her down from Tulsa to Houston
> tomorrow for the Open House event so perhaps I can chat with some of
> you there.
>
> Thanks everyone.
>
> Chris North

<*> Your email settings: