[DML] S Florida D Show For This Fall?

I have begun to seriously look into the possibility of organizing
what would be a fairly ambitious Delorean show for Southern Florida,
specifically to be held in the greater Fort Lauderdale area.

I need to chat with some of you other folks in the Florida group,
probably for the most part privately offline for now, on some
definite dates, places & ideas that I have in mind and see what we
can put together, so if you're interested in contributing ideas
and/or assistance, drop me a line and we'll see where it goes. I know
I said something similar a year or more ago at one of the Orlando
gatherings and nothing came of it, but I now have a lot more time to
devote to such a project, and having done a bit of research in the
interim, I think we can do something pretty impressive down here that
might even attract some out-of-state people before we're done.

I've just run some of the basics I have in mind past Ken Koncelik and
he's happy to offer whatever advice and/or help that he can if we go
for it. I'm hooked up with the management of the Ft Lauderdale
International Film Festival, which runs from mid-October to mid-
November, as well as possibly a local car museum that actually has a
JZD historical connection of sorts. I'm thinking either the last
weekend of October or the first weekend of November, as coordinating
with the Film Festival would be a high priority. We'd have our cars
and some of the BTTF celebrities at a friday night screening of BTTF
at the Film Festival, a Saturday car show in the parking lot of the
car museum followed by an awards dinner either catered in the museum
or at a nearby restaurant, then a tech day on the Sunday hopefully
with a morning driving tour/ralley that would end at the tech day
location by noon. I have a few more details in mind, but that's what
the basic framework would be. I'm thinking we could probably count on
being able to get at least between 15 and 25 cars, and between 30 and
50 attendees, but there'd be room for more if needed.

One of the key ingredients needed to make this work will be a core
staff of dedicated people willing to pitch in and help, and I'm sure
that we have enough people in the DCF and also the general Florida
community to make it happen. Comments anyone?

Dan Harris - VIN # 1662 - FL Tag # MY 81DMC

*****WhoCruiser@... is Dan Harris*****
WhoCruiser's Personal Home Page: http://members.aol.com/WhoCruiser
Read about The Sci-Fi Sea Cruise at: http://www.scificruise.com
Purr-use The Cat House at: http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage