[DML] G50/915 Transmission Swap

I don't know, I never saw the car in person..  But
based on the cutting I had to do for the 915 trans,
and the additional size of the 6 speed G50, I think
the cutting would have been substantial.

What swap are you considering?

Clearly, we all know the advantage to a 6 speed over a
5 speed...  but when you consider the cost difference
between a G50 and 915, and the amount of modification
needed to make it work, I saw no logical reason to go
with the G50.

I can change the gear ratios within the 5 speed if I
so desire (and am considering it).  So there is still
flexibility with the 915.

As a general discussion about swap projects, If I were
starting my project again today I would probably spend
more time trying to make an adapter for the stock
Renault box.  From a mechanical point of view, the
transmission was more difficult than the engine.

On the other hand, if I did use the Renault box, my
engine would be an inch or so higher and would stick
out the top of the engine bay.

Oh, and Whats up with your other mailing list? I see
it is down to only 19 posts last month.. I guess the
new rules are not working out so well.  LOL!

--- Ryan Wright <ryanpwright@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 5/22/07, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > 6 speed G50 transmission.  Need to modify the
> frame to
> >  make it fit.
>
> Maybe I'd better rethink cutting the car up and
> "just do it"... any
> idea where & how extensive the frame mods were?
>
> -Ryan

____________________________________________________________________________________Choose the right car based on your needs.  Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car Finder tool.
http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/

<*> Your email settings: